[x3d-public] Somewhat significant change to X3DUOM 3.3 causes X3D JSON schema 3.3 to reject files

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:52:56 PDT 2021

A somewhat significant change to X3DUOM 3.3 causes generated X3D JSON
schema 3.3 to reject files.

That is, there is no longer a bottomTexture, topTexture, frontTexture,
etc. for ComposedCubeMapTexture.  Instead, "Texture" is left off of
these fields.

4.0 has the Texture added.

2 suggestions:

Update your files to X3D4.

OR:

Add these fields to X3DUOM 3.3 or find some way to get the old fields
into X3D JSON schema 3.3 during schema generation (help!).

I am not sure what the standard or the browsers do at this point.

I'm upgrading my files to X3D4 and see if they work in various browsers.

Help!