[x3d-public] Developer/Tester Blog: X3D on iPad Pro

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:05:00 PDT 2021

I bought an iPad Pro to do keyless development and testing without a
physical keyboard.   It’s due for delivery on Wednesday

Note: AFAIK, XCode is not available on Apple mobile devices.

It looks like ssh and mosh are available, but editing remotely would
require an escape key.   I might be able to use CTRL-[ instead?  This
probably depends on what’s available in something like Blink.sh (more in
another article).

Swift Playgrounds 4 is available if you want to program Swift.

My favorite editor is vim, so I looked for a vim app in the App Store and
found iVim on my iPhone.   This is preferable running in a shell, because
there’s no ESC on keyboard (either one).   The escape button works well in
iVim.  I was able to bring up the password file with ease (I’m not sure why
they don’t have a shadow password file).

Mobile X3D development looks scarce searching around, but it looks like
X_ITE looks doable in Safari.   I’ll probably look up running Nodejs in
another article.

Maybe I’ll look and see whether iX3D.net is available.