[x3d-public] Visual studio

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 11:30:40 PDT 2021

Please, the best way to learn obout online x3d is to host a page and choose one of the current x3d in html sctipt tools. You can find some interesting examples and actually use a simple text editor to change the parameters and see results over the web or just at home local use only.
So, just go to the web3d examples and choose something that looks like fun, download it to your computer and read the user code. Either Classic vrml style, or in the xml, you can learn from both, and may even end up with preference if you ‘hand-edit’ the actual user code. Then all you gotta do is follow some easy process to use the script code, and edit and run the stuff locally. If you want to see the scene using the www, then load the thing onto your server space and, well, you know about the html and the stuff added for x3d is easy and well illustrated.
So, that is the part that is the latest and greatest, that is the free x3d on the web hosted by html browser and some script and some underlying closer to the metal graphics operations now built into most web browsers.
Try this and see. I will try to add hints to do what I have described, if you ask certain questions.
Best Fortune,
Joe