[x3d-public] What should I focus on?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:00:11 PST 2022

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 1:15 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> * documenting X3DUOM to JSON schema rules, possibly automate (export
> XSLT???)

I have specific experience converting translation rules to C++ in another
lifetime.   But this time, we don’t have a C++ library to rely on.   Could
I write the translation rules in some form of Saxon API, then use Saxon to
export to XSLT?   How tightly do we want to bind to Saxon?

This time, I guess I have to generate the rules, possibly in XML or Java,
and then trust that someone else will take the lead on converting the XML
or Java to XSLT (probably using Saxon).  Or maybe I should create the rules
in JSON?   Is that even possible?   Brain is exploding…

I understand that I have X3DUOM and X3D JSON schema as input.   What is the
desired output beyond XSLT?   Would it be best to create/generate a kind of
I/O mapping DSL file (in JSON?)  as I had on the C++ project?