[x3d-public] Modern C and implications for X3D

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:32:16 PST 2022

There are two newer C Features that are important for X3D:

1. Struct Initialization for building nested scenegraphs…X3dToC.xslt

2. Function overloading by changing type of first parameter…see _Generic.
Useful for building SAI with overloaded functions.

See Luca Sas Modern C on YouTube.

I’m still working on C++, but if someone is focusing on C SAI or apps,
check out that video.

I feel like an old fart, learned C in the 80s before C89…I was into stuff
like Xawt, XView and Motif, Lol.

One thing that may be easy to miss is putting function pointers in a
struct, but ew!  I prefer SunView/XView solution!