[x3d-public] Defaults of SpotLight.cutOffAngle, beamWidth changed (maybe by mistake) in X3D 3.3

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:42:13 PST 2022

Note: I have a hypothesis why this happened.

The drawing presented at SpotLight description (it is the same in all X3D
versions) shows a situation when beamWidth < cutOffAngle. The drawing shows
a situation when these is smooth falloff between beamWidth and cutOffAngle.
Maybe someone thought that defaults do not match this drawing, ans thus
reversed the defaults.

I would say that the drawing just doesn't, and never meant to, show the
default state. It just shows an example state that is possible.

Regards,
Michalis