[x3d-public] gltf inspired binary storage

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:57:35 PST 2022

@Andreas -- Not yet. CGE/view3dscene doesn't yet read morph targets.
But we will -- either into CoordinateInterpolator, or into specialized
nodes to express them, so that we don't lose any information from glTF
(otherwise "compiling" them into CoordinateInterpolator would have
them premultiplied by weights; the most important disadvantage of it
is that we would not be able to later operate on morph targets
programmatically, and the latter is a useful feature).

@Joe -- Morph targets in glTF specify displacement. See
https://www.khronos.org/registry/glTF/specs/2.0/glTF-2.0.html#morph-targets
,

"""
Morph targets are specified via the targets property defined in the
Mesh primitives. Each target in the targets array is a plain JSON
object mapping a primitive attribute to an accessor containing morph
target displacement data (deltas).
"""

(see further prose around there for more info.)

Regards,
Michalis