[x3d-public] Purpose of x3djsonld.py

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:48:29 PDT 2022

Why am I writing x3djsonld.py, and why does it diverge from other X3DJSONLD
products?

1.  I don’t know any DOM for python.   I am familiar with DOM on Java,
JavaScript and C++.   I realize there is DOM for Python, and i could have
used JavaScript.

2.  I can skip over DOM and DOM serializers.   I agree that using DOM and
JavaScript would likely be less complex.

3.  Using a generated python scenegraph was not indicated and i was steered
away from it.   Note that I do use a python dict converted from JSON—a
standard python feature.

4. X3dToPython.xslt serves  as an adequate replacement if you have XML, but
it’s not written in python.   I for-see an XML loader being written for
Python.