[x3d-public] v4 audio examples ?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:54:28 PDT 2022

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V4.0/Part01/components/sound.html

has the new v4 sound nodes which are based on w3c webaudio standards.

https://medialab.hmu.gr/minipages/x3domAudio/index.html

has three examples with somewhat demo specific implementations of used
nodes for x3dom v1.6.

https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/AudioSpatialSound/index.html

has the same examples plus the single-audio and Inline examples. (The
link to the Web3d tutorial does not work any more).

Are there any other very simple examples, ideally one for each new node ?

For webaudio, Mozilla has basic examples, such as:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/AnalyserNode

While implementing it may make sense to replicate those for x3d.

Thanks, Andreas

PS: I noticed that BufferAudioSource allows for both, input from a
buffer field with MFFloat data as raw PCM, and input from a url field
with an encoded audio file. Do we need to define a preference if both
are defined, non-empty arrays ? webaudio only allows for buffer data
(as binary floats).

--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453