[x3d-public] Problems with create3000/Library model, X3dToJson.xslt, X3dToPython.xslt

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:01:23 PDT 2022

For command-line X3D validation, from X3D validator site X3D Validator
(nps.edu) <https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator/>, I found the following:

   - X3D Validator analysis of a given scene can be invoked via url, for
   example:

   https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator?url=https://X3dGraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter02-GeometryPrimitives/Box.x3d

So I try to use curl:

> $ curl
> https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator?url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/create3000/Library/main/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/BoundedPhysicsModel.x3d
> curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
> More details here: https://curl.se/docs/sslcerts.html
>
> curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
> establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
> how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.
> $ echo $?
> 60
> $ curl --insecure
> https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator?url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/create3000/Library/main/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/BoundedPhysicsModel.x3d
> $ echo $?
> 0

I'm not sure how to get errors? Indeed, if I go to the URL,

https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator/?url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/create3000/Library/main/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/BoundedPhysicsModel.x3d

AFAICT, there are no errors or success listed?  Indeed, if I click on the
second link above, I see no validation going on.   Someone with better
vision should double check me.

It would be very helpful if I could use curl to scrape error output.
Further research:

$ curl --insecure -L
https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator?url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/create3000/Library/main/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/BoundedPhysicsModel.x3d
| *grep Error*
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
  0
100 17298  100 17298    0     0  25876      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
96100

No errors, even though I get them in the browser?

I totally understand the desire to avoid DDOS attacks.

Maybe there's some more curl configuration I can do?