[x3d-public] ANNOUNCE: JSON schema implementation updates

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:41:40 PST 2022

1.   Java implementations of JSON schema have been removed from x3dschema.
  Use X3DJSONLD.java and X3DLoaderDOM.java from X3DJSAIL. A version of this
is found in x3dschema, and will be maintained at a low level.

2.  Python validators for JSON schema in X3DJSONLD have been deprecated as
being too slow.  We will watch to see if the fastjsonschema python package
will be enhanced for new JSON schema drafts.   Probably loading JSON into
python and exporting this via x3djsonld.py and x3d.py will be the approach
we use for validating JSON in python.  There should be some discussion of
true vs True and false vs False (may just declare true and false variables
in python).

3.  JavaScript JSON validation support will be supported into the future,
as is possible.

4.  Python JSON schema generators will be supported into the future, but
may not be needed as JavaScript/TypeScript SAI matures.

5. C/C++/C# JSON schema validators unknown at this point…partners?   Would
it be better to write a typesafe parser for JSON?

6.  Rules for mapping X3DUOM to JSON schema have been defined, but not in
tabular format.   I would do tabular format by generating HTML from the
JSON schema generator.