[x3d-public] X3DParticleEmitter node inherit fromX3DChildNode(ratherthan X3DNode)

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:17:09 PDT 2022

Hi Joe,

I am not an svg expert but this found out:

> Ø   <use x="5" y="5" href="#myCircle" fill="url('#myGradient')" />
>

> OK, but why the use uses href and url names when the objective is the same, just to reference the defs id values?

href points the def name, and fill needs an url for gradients as
'paint servers':
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#SpecifyingPaint
That is just how svg is specified.

> Can you change the values in the defs?

Yes. I just experimentally confirmed that changing the defs is
reflected in the use. Not sure where in the spec. to look but probably
well defined somewhere.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch