[x3d-public] Mantis 1163, “full definition” of geoSystem

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 11:27:11 PDT 2022

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/geodata.html#Specifyingaspatialreference

https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1163

Likely geoSystem values need to be added to the X3D4 draft as is already
appears in X3D4 JSON Schema.   I have not looked at the X3D4 draft.

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/python/etgenerateJSONschema2020-12.py
starting at line 708 contains Roy’s full definition of the geoSystem field
found in many nodes.

You can also find it in X3D 4 JSON Schema.

This is not in XML schema or X3DUOM, Afaik, since I would be able to take
the definition out of the schema generator. Corrections welcome.

If this has been added to th X3DUOM, I can make a special effort to convert
to JSON schema, but what we have works.

I think it would be useful to validate geoSystem with XML Schema, but I’m
not that familiar with XML schema.

There was some discussion from Andreas that there are many more spatial
references that could be added.