[x3d-public] C# opportunities, X3DJSONLD/JS or XSLT

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 11:20:23 PDT 2022

➢ perhaps starting with HelloWorld.x3d is a tradition?

If that simple, then list it here, Please.
Whatever it is, I don’t see much difference between proving ecmascript or java and proving Cwhatever works. In any case, the proof is that  in the environment in which the Cwhatever can be executed, that it can use the full set of SAI abstract interfaces in the complete life cycle of a browser and scene.

Level 1a: Seems like the first step might be finding an example .x3d file that includes an internal script node and replacing with code to be evaluated, run the thing in the target aspiring x3d browser, and document the result. Should be same as ecma or java.
One is the original Boxman that uses script to move the skin. This would prove that the x3d browser can support an official x3d script node encoded using Cwhatever.
I think this testing should work in free-standing browsers that support the whatever script language but Note, this might be complicated or impossible to do with an ‘internal’ script when x3d user code is embedded in html dom(?).

Level 1b: If it is a .x3d file containing canonical, validated x3d xml or classic syntax,  then the converted file might be the .x3d file that contains a scene initialize script node that creates the scene by generating the xml or classic user code to create the scene, and runs it.
In freestanding x3d browser, for me, you wouldn’t even need to have the init script generate anything but the absolute minimum xml or classic user code, just that the scene gets built by the init script.

Level 2: scene interface with host xnl dom or javascript host hosted by xml dom where external and/or internal sai is not fully supported. Here there be questions that have been asked over the ages. Interface structures and behaviors between xml dom and x3d sai

Thanks and Best Funs,
Joe