[x3d-public] 3D Author with web browser? What’s current?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 23:27:11 PDT 2022

I seem to recall using X3DJSAIL with Jupyter, or even simpler, x3d.py, but
I’m interested in X3D authoring on the web.   Which of our X3D authoring
tools run with in current web browsers?

Im guessing BS Contact has something?  Flux? There’s probably competitors
in Three.js, Babylon.js and PlayCanvas.  I’ve seen a bit in X3DOM

I’m thinking of this primarily because i want to create plans in X3D.  I’ve
seem AI story synthesis, and I’m thinking copilot may run in the web in VS
Code.

What authoring tools are available for the Metaverse?

If someone says use Notepad++, I’m going to run screaming to vim…at least
there’s a copilot plugin.