[x3d-public] BVHacker, HAnim transformation, TypeScript SAI?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Aug 26 20:46:56 PDT 2023

John, it is great that you explore and do a lot of things, thank you.

Unfortunately your next message seems very puzzling to me.  Rather than
respond, let me point out some fundamental building blocks please.

a.	We have X3D 4.0 with interpolators, event passing, HAnim inclusion,
many other things.
b.	HAnim animation includes interpolator approaches (well tested) and
BVH-style HAnimMotion (only a few tests, BVHacker might be useful).
c.	We have X3D equivalently expressible in XML, ClassicVRML, binary,
Java and Python.
d.	We do not yet have, and certainly could use, a validating X3D JSON
schema and an SAI-compliant X3D ECMAScript library.

Repeating:

*	Can your work get us (d) above?
*	X3D group is not doing Microsoft TypeScript or other new languages
while upgrading standards documents, libraries and test-archive examples
thoroughly to each of our approved paths.

Focusing is good, and X3D group will stay focused on an already-large
agenda.

Again thanks and good luck with your efforts.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman