[x3d-public] Problem constructing Mobius strip by extrusion of rectangular cross-section

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Mon Aug 28 01:11:25 PDT 2023

Tony

This sounds like an interesting project for the X3D community to help with.

As a proof of concept, this X-ITE rendering shows it is possible to render Mobius-like geometry in X3D:  https://spri-open-resources.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/trimobius/index.html

The X3D file that this page is rendering may be retrieved at https://spri-open-resources.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/trimobius/mobius.x3d

If you can share screenshots or webpages with your not-satisfactory results, that may give us some hint as to what's going on, and also sharing code may also help us.

Vince Marchettti
Web3D Consortium