[x3d-public] New description fields

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:45:12 PST 2023

I'm trying to collect information into one message.  Michalis, please check
view3dscene 4.3, I believe ImageTexture and HAnimDisplacer were missing
description field in view3dscene 4.2 and 4.3. See links below for X3D4
tooltips specifics.  The issue with view3dscene stems from adding a
description fields in X3D4 using X3D-Edit (for the most part).  There are
also schema issues with the file in question (JohnJoint18.x3d).

I’ll double check the tooltips while I am at it.

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#ImageTexture.description

(Yellow)

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#HAnimDisplacer.description

(Yellow)

If there are examples of HAnimDisplacer in the community, consider donating
them to our testing effort.

The good news is we have one good HAnimDisplacer node from
www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/Skin/JoeKick.x3d (in
the file system on the x3d project our sourceforge).   Michalis, Joe, the
issue is that view3dscene throws all kinds of issues with the file.

I was able to add the HAnimDisplacer in JoeKick to my JohnJoint18.x3d and
not increase the number of errors reported by view3dscene (HAnimDisplacer
without description seems to be working).

Thanks!

John