[x3d-public] New description fields

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:30:12 PST 2023

Yes :) I know we had a few communications about this already, so maybe
you already fixed it in some version of the file and it is just not
updated on that page.

I just report that

  http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/Skin/JoeKick.x3d

still has this error. Specifically, it contains geometry like this:

          <IndexedFaceSet DEF='Joe_skin_IndexedFaceSet' coordIndex='0
9 5 -1 0 7 9 ...' creaseAngle='3.14'>
            <Coordinate DEF='Joe_SkinCoord' point='0.0 1.77 ..../>
            <TextureCoordinate point='0 0 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 0 0.5'/>
          </IndexedFaceSet>

So you use coordinate index "9" (and larger, later, like 386) ... but
your "TextureCoordinate.point" has only 4 items. So you can only use
indexes 0..3. Otherwise X3D browser doesn't know what do you mean --
what texture coordinate is supposed to be associated with vertex with
index 9.

Regards,
Michalis