[x3d-public] (HOMO ANIMATIO INFORMATICUS)

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 19 18:35:02 PST 2023

HUMANOID ANIMATION

Web3D X3D HAnimHumanoid
(HOMO ANIMATIO INFORMATICUS)

Our HAnim character can be a true
interaction-driven information machine
of both a personal nature to acquire, store,
and maintain temporal data requested by
the author, and for integration as a fully
parameterized character functioning
under author control or autonomously in any
augmented data-driven virtual environment.

For x3d HAnim this is accomplished by
establishing a realistic Joint-based skeleton that
can include x3d styles of indexed geometry as a
partial or continuous mesh skeleton-actuated
deformable skin. This forms the basis for locating
any x3d geometry and sensors for various
standard and user-defined external, surface,
and internal feature points related to the
skeleton or skin.
Additionally, scalar-driven mesh actuators
can independently and as collections move
individual or collections of points of any
indexed geometry of the Humanoid.
In short, although the HAnimHumanoid
defines certain specific nodes, fields, and
hierarchies for the Humanoid application,
it is pure X3D.
In fact, I see that the entire purpose of everything
you have learned about VRML and X3D is to
produce this realistic very transportable humanoid
character operating with or without other
compatible characters along with user(s) in
stimulus/response time and event-driven scene
augmented virtual environments.
Thus, at the basis, it can deliver the extensible character
built to operate as a virtual humanoid in this web of
information systems that can serve in our metaverse
with trust and security.

But that is past, present, and future evolution and
Extension of x3d and HAnim. For now,  let's think
about how we use the HAnim standardized
Humanoid skeleton as a base to implement
the character model.

…
Thanks,
Joe