[x3d-public] HAnim Schematron warnings and X3DUOM incorrect?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:13:45 PST 2023

On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 4:27 PM Joseph D Williams <joedwil at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> John, and Don,
>
> Thanks for the example johnJoint2 skeleton. Nice work on those ‘custom’
> values you used. Am wishing the Hierarchy diagram included would reflect
> what is actually in the subject user code, for names and hierarchy of Joint
> and Segment and Site nodes, maybe even along with the measurements.

Segments and Sites will come soon, but we’re still trying to fix
schematron/X3DUOM, waiting for Don to accomplish updates, then we will
revisit schematron diagnostics.

> I can look at this in more detail, but

Ah, good fix, missing quote.  I’m unsure why validation didn’t catch this.
Weird.

> Fix this one, please.
>
> The rest seems to run but since no viz of skeleton, hard to tell. That is
> why the Hierarchy.txt diagram for this example is so important as an author
> aid. People will add joints and then displacers to get special effects.

I’d like to complete the skeleton so it’s visible, but let’s fix schematron
diagnostics with current examples so we don’t get confused with
measurements.

> Finally, as an author, I would like to start with simple access to either
> changing or using all measurements in table a10 and a11 and then push the
> button to generate xml user code for the skeleton.

A.10.txt and A.11.txt are available for modification in the zip.   They are
higher than the other A… files because of string comparison is used.

Push button will require an app.  Meanwhile, try:

$ perl h6.pl

You can direct output to a file with:

> myhuman.x3d

Let’s find a place on sourceforge for teamwork.

The hierarchy diagram is simple HAnim GUI that shows all joints, segments
> sites, dimensions and input/outputs. No need now for lines to show segment
> and site connections let’s just add the Segment, put on the Joint center
> marker and add a marker for Site(s) on that segment. Then, hook it up with
> an existing walk or run or animation to see how it works. Now it becomes
> possible to make a simple skin and hook it up.

Joe, for me, it’s more of a priority to get the schematron/X3DUOM right, or
improve my understanding of the hierarchy.  I might have additional parts
of the hierarchy in files I haven’t sent yet.   The primary thing to do is
read schematron diagnostics and confirm whether the diagnostics are valid
or not.

I’m sorry I’m being so dramatic.  We can discuss in private if necessary.
We can walk through diagnostics and compare to hierarchy. I plan on focused
work to identify all issues.

I’ll txt you now.

John