[x3d-public] Links

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 04:15:15 PST 2023

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 3:15 AM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay.   We can go through schema on sourceforge:
>

> https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-4.0.xsd

Wrong. vl5 is not parented by sacroiliac.

<xs:enumeration value="vl5">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:appinfo>
                        <xs:attribute name="index" type="xs:integer"
fixed="59"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="default" type="SFVec3f"
fixed="0.0028 1.0568 -0.0776"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="parent"
type="hanimJointNameValues" fixed="sacroiliac"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="loa" type="loaType" fixed="1"/>
                    </xs:appinfo>
                    <xs:documentation
source="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_column"/>
                </xs:annotation>

            </xs:enumeration>

vc7 is not l_sternoclavicular's parent

<xs:enumeration value="l_sternoclavicular">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:appinfo>
                        <xs:attribute name="index" type="xs:integer"
fixed="91"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="default" type="SFVec3f"
fixed="0.0820 1.4488 -0.0353"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="parent"
type="hanimJointNameValues" fixed="vc7"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="loa" type="loaType" fixed="2"/>
                    </xs:appinfo>
                    <xs:documentation
source="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternoclavicular_joint"/>
                </xs:annotation>
            </xs:enumeration>

vc7 is not r_sternoclavicular's parent

           <xs:enumeration value="r_sternoclavicular">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:appinfo>
                        <xs:attribute name="index" type="xs:integer"
fixed="119"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="default" type="SFVec3f"
fixed="-0.0694 1.4600 -0.0330"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="parent"
type="hanimJointNameValues" fixed="vc7"/>
                        <xs:attribute name="loa" type="loaType" fixed="2"/>
                    </xs:appinfo>
                    <xs:documentation
source="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternoclavicular_joint"/>
                </xs:annotation>
            </xs:enumeration>

X3DUOM:

> https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dUnifiedObjectModel-4.0.xml

Wrong.  vl5's parent is humanoid_root.

<enumeration value="vl5" index="59" default="0.0028 1.0568 -0.0776" parent="
sacroiliac" loa="1" documentation="
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_column"/>

l_sternoclavicular's parent is vt1.

<enumeration value="l_sternoclavicular" index="91" default="0.0820 1.4488
-0.0353" parent="vc7" loa="2" documentation="
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternoclavicular_joint"/>

r_sternoclavicular's parent is vt1.

<enumeration value="r_sternoclavicular" index="119" default="-0.0694 1.4600
-0.0330" parent="vc7" loa="2" documentation="
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternoclavicular_joint"/>

> Hierarchy:
>

> https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19774/V2.0/Architecture/concepts.html#Hierarchy4

vl5 is not a sibling of r_hip, clearly shown below.

[image: image.png]

vc7, l_sternoclavicular and r_sternoclavicular are siblings of the vt1
parent.

[image: image.png]

> Then there’s schematron rules:
>
> https://www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/schematron/X3dSchematronValidityChecks.sch

<report test="$isHAnim2 and (@name='vl5') and
parent::HAnimJoint[not(@name='sacroiliac')]" role="warning">
<
<name/>
DEF='
<value-of select="@DEF"/>
' name='
<value-of select="@name"/>
'/> has parent HAnimJoint name='
<value-of select="parent::HAnimJoint/@name"/>
' rather than expected parent name='sacroiliac', recommend checking model
</report>

I believe that this is the report that sacroiliac is supposedly vl5's
parent.

Suggested change:  Look for the parent to be the HAnimHumanoid element,
name='humanoid_root'.

Other schematron rules (vc7 should be vt1 in both cases):

<report test="$isHAnim2 and (@name='l_sternoclavicular') and
parent::HAnimJoint[not(@name='vc7')]" role="warning">
<
<name/>
DEF='
<value-of select="@DEF"/>
' name='
<value-of select="@name"/>
'/> has parent HAnimJoint name='
<value-of select="parent::HAnimJoint/@name"/>
' rather than expected parent name='vc7', recommend checking model
</report>

<report test="$isHAnim2 and (@name='r_sternoclavicular') and
parent::HAnimJoint[not(@name='vc7')]" role="warning">
<
<name/>
DEF='
<value-of select="@DEF"/>
' name='
<value-of select="@name"/>
'/> has parent HAnimJoint name='
<value-of select="parent::HAnimJoint/@name"/>
' rather than expected parent name='vc7', recommend checking model
</report>
---

Here are the three parent/child issues we have with schematron.  I have
attached a more complete .x3d file.

<HAnimJoint DEF='hanim_l_sternoclavicular' name='l_sternoclavicular'/> has
parent HAnimJoint name='vt1' rather than expected parent name='vc7',
recommend checking model

<HAnimJoint DEF='hanim_vl5' name='vl5'/> has parent HAnimJoint
name='humanoid_root' rather than expected parent name='sacroiliac',
recommend checking model

<HAnimJoint DEF='hanim_r_sternoclavicular' name='r_sternoclavicular'/> has
parent HAnimJoint name='vt1' rather than expected parent name='vc7',
recommend checking model

You will find 'rather than expected parent' in 3 places in the schematron
log, stemming from misunderstandings of the standard LOA4 hierarchy.

I hope that this information, along with Joe's excellent writeup, will
prompt changes in the Schema, etc.

John