[x3d-public] X3D-bash-SAIL/encoding

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 13:15:51 PDT 2023

I’m going to propose some bash (Bourne Again Shell—originally a GNU/UNIX
interface) SAI/encoding examples soon.   Bash is weakly typed, types are
introduced through the ‘declare’ command.  Arrays may not nested, but there
is a reference type.   I will probably build three serializers from DOM to
Bash, one that is streaming, like my first Java one—with numbered
variables, another more reliant on references (possibly very similar to
previous), and one where the scene is spread across the file system.

I haven’t figured out how to do methods yet (function references?
Executables?  Aliases?).  I’m not really sure if this is going to be an
encoding or a binding.   We’ll start with an encoding.

If anyone can report on previous work, that would be terrific.  Enthused
helpers are welcome!

Yep, I’ve seen bash3d source code on GitHub.

If anyone wants to run the task of converting JSON to bash in GPT-4, that
might be fun!

Initial name will probably be BashSale.  Anyone have better?

Lol!  John