[x3d-public] x3djsonld.py x3d.py roundtrips--HelloWorldProgramOutput.json

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 07:52:51 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I am taking HelloWorldProgramOutput.x3d from java/examples/ on sourceforge
and converting with X3dToJson.xslt to produce JSON, taking the JSON and
converting with x3djsonld.py to produce python, and then running python to
produce HelloWorldProgramOutput2.x3d in XML.

Would you like me to share preliminary results with you, or do you prefer I
further pursue the x3djsonld.py until I've perfected it as far as I can,
and then possibly hand over the task to you for possible enhancements to
x3d.py XML output? Note that my xml--differ is broken for the
round-tripping. I am not sure what to do at this point except use bash
diff.  Do you have an XML diff I can put in a shell script? Another thing I
noticed is the original x3d has a lot more comments, probably I do not
check for the #comment property often enough.

Thanks!