[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL+GraalVM JavaScript results with X3DJSONLD serializers

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 02:59:45 PDT 2023

I decided to try the JavaScript installable with the "gu.cmd install js"
command of a recent GraalVM release.

I had do some command line argument stuff, but I figured out I can run the
java script with something like:

 $ C:/graalvm-jdk-20_windows-x64_bin/graalvm-jdk-20.0.2+9.1/bin/js.cmd
--jvm --vm.Xss1g --vm.Xmx4g --jvm --vm.classpath="${NASHORN_CLASSPATH}"
file.js

Out of 192 XML files  I have to test with, there were 192 JSON files
created.  Terrific work, Don and Roy!  Then X3DJSONLD.js converts from JSON
to DOM/XML there were 178 files. Oops! After XML/DOM, I used serializers to
convert to different bindings, right now Java and JavaScript for example,
both built on a solid foundation of X3DJSAIL. Oh, I bet the 14 files did
not pass JSON schema!  Sure enough!

There were 178 Java files created with the Java Serializer.js There were
178 JavaScript files created with the JavaScriptSerializer.js

There were 153 XML files output from JavaScript, probably due to only that
many JavaScript examples were not validated.  There were 174 JSON files
output from Java.  Many did not validate with X3DJSAIL. I am unsure of the
discrepancy, but perhaps there's better validation XML output, so files
aren't created.

I will change the JavaScript to output JSON, and we'll compare oranges to
oranges.