[x3d-public] For those interested in ECMAScript SAI

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 14:40:50 PDT 2023

I have been testing ECMAScript SAI built on top of Java, for server-side
application applications.  I am not calling JavaScript from Java, too
painful right now.  I am calling Java from GraalVM’s ECMAScript 2022
(formerly Nashorn).  If you want a web solution, I will direct you to X3DOM
and X_ITE.

The GraalVM ECMAScript setup is kind of complex, but well documented.  I
think the main thing on Windows to do is:

gu.cmd install js

There maybe be some command line arguments that I can help people with.

Otherwise GraalVM is compatible with OpenJDK and JDK in my experience, I’m
running X3D-Edit/NetBeans with it.  Companies like Facebook and Disney have
adopted GraalVM.

This is all possible by Don’s great work with X3DJSAIL.