[x3d-public] Proposed Standard additions. MFStringSequencer and MFNodeSequncer

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 07:00:00 PDT 2023

Or rely on integerSequencer to generate integer index, and have a
packed/contiguous list:

StringSwitch - inputOnly SFInt32 set_index, outputOnly SFString
value_changed, field MFString values

NodeSwitch - inputOnly SFInt32 set_index, outputOnly SFNode value_changed,
field MFNode values?

Benefit, can generate more node types as needed with fewer lines of code.

Or could combine into one giant FieldChoice node with fields MFNode
node_values, MFString string_values, MFDouble, MFFloat, MFTime, MFImage,
MFMatrix3f ...

and outputOnly node_changed, string_changed, double_changed, float_changed,
time_changed, image_changed, matrix3f_changed output fields,

and when set_index, it outputs any SF that are within the corresponding MF
range?

Benefit: only one new node needed.

-Doug