[x3d-public] Conformance testing testing.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 01:19:29 PDT 2023

Is conformance testing done only on x3d browsers?   Can I use the tests on
my versions of X3DJSAIL?  I will work on my X3DJSAIL-based batch XML
validation tester sometime tonight.  I will also work on developing a batch
validation of VRML with tovrmlx3d, but AFAIK, it only does onesies, not
batch.  Michalis?

Then, I’ll introduce my own XML and X3DJSAIL.  I don’t expect any
differences.

I’m actually testing the conformance tests, not X3DJSAIL.  Do the tests
distinguish between MFFloat and SFString (of floats) Probably not in XML
land .  This is critical for conformance testing of VRML (and eventually
JSON, that’s why I’m on board) browsers and libraries.   So it would be
good to test X3dToVrml*.xslt which I haven’t ever tried.

Recommendations for batch VRML validation welcome.

Wish me luck!