[x3d-public] HAnim examples

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at kshell.com
Fri Jan 19 07:11:27 PST 2024

I propose that the correct thing for authoring software that outputs XML encoding would be to start, at release N,  by aways including a value for containerField. That way the code meet the requirement of producing correct files, which is the purpose. The files will be ugly , and larger than necessary  , because they will contain a lot of unnecessary containerField values, but ugliness and size in bytes  is a secondary or lower issue.

Andreas Plesch recently produced a version of x3d.py that does this, always emit the containerField. (see his email to X3D-Public of Nov 1 2023  ( http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2023-November/019991.html )
and the github project https://github.com/andreasplesch/x3d-python-mod

At release N+1 , N+2... the developers can start removing the containerField attribute from those XML elements where they are equal to a DTD default value.

Vince Marchetti