[x3d-public] [create ..Don't give up ,,, 20b

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 15:36:21 PDT 2024

Keyframing is done on terms of translation, rotation and scale, and
Michalis has said there’s a hierarchy involved.  F-curves?

I don’t have a clue how to animate a matrix, except in terms of
translation, rotation and scale.  There are ways to decompose a matrix.  I
have an orientation interpolator which I can get rotations out of.  There
is a way to get a new Blender matrix_world from a local rotation, and i
could probably decompose it to get out a different rotation.  Perhaps I
could use this.  Hmm.  I don’t know how to keyframe a matrix multiplication
or decomposition though, just a rotation.  Maybe I can get a good rotation
and throw in an empty parent to the (joint) object hierarchy object?  Maybe
the key is to add an empty object above every joint?  I can’t wait to see
how this exports, Lol!

Bvh import uses an armature and Blender bones, last I checked.  That
actually works!

If someone wants to see what we’re talking about, check out:

https://coderextreme.net/JinConcat11c.blend

John