[Korea-chapter] [kaist-nps] minutes from Web3D Korea chapter meeting, day 2

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Dec 7 19:13:54 PST 2009

Revised last section

==================================

18.  SIGGRAPH ASIA 2010 in Seoul Korea, 7-10 December 2010.

We discussed possible activities by Web3D Korea Chapter next year.

No website yet.  SIGGRAPH ASIA 2009 online at
     http://www.siggraph.org/asia2009

Some initial ideas:
- Possible meeting opportunity for Web3D Korea Chapter, open to
     public, describing the group's many activities
- Booth on exhibition floor
- Can we get funding for Web3D Executive Director to attend
- Perhaps one or more tutorials?
- Perhaps a panel discussion?

- A refreshed X3D Showcase DVD with much new content,
	perhaps enough copies for all SIGGRAPH ASIA 2010 attendees?

- Perhaps a public X3D Plugfest public demonstration of
	X3D Players and cool content, maybe focusing on
	Korea chapter activities (Units, PTM, medical,
	mixed reality, H-Anim, e-learning, mobile)
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_Plugfest

It is good to think about this now so that all these many great
initiatives can achieve good results and get good exposure.

Don will be at SIGGRAPH ASIA in Yokohama next week, and can
investigate the feasibility of any questions that might arise.

This will be the subject of further discussion by the chapter,
probably in January or February.

Myeong Won (or someone) will prepare a wiki page that collects
all these minutes together with the slidesets.

I will now put my hands in a bucket of cold water to cool back down.

Kam-sa ham-nida (thank you) everyone!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman