[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Fw: Agenda items for the Korea chapter meeting (Wed. 5:10pm PST / Thu 9:10am Korea)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 14 18:46:30 PDT 2009

>>     B.In the unit WD, 9.4.2 Inline states "Any UNIT statements
>> contained in the
>>     file being inlined are ignored"

> agreed this language wont work.  UNITS should define a per execution
> space conversion to meters.

Just to be clear, Alan, are you saying that, for example, each Inline
should be rendered in the units it specifies?
For example, if I had a 0.01 scale in my main scene, and I had a 0.01
scale in an imported (inline) scene, then both would apply? Units
scaling cascades.
If so, I agree.
This may do away for the need to use external parent scaling
transforms for inline and prototype elements that would otherwise need
exteranl scaling transformations to fit the scene. The Units statement
can be used instead. .
Any misunderstanding and thus misuse this notation is no worse than
misunderstanding and misusing how current scaling transforms work. In
most practice, we may find authors using both, depending upon the
situation.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe