[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Korea Chapter Meeting, Apr. 6, 5:10pm PDT (Apr. 7, 9:10pm, Korea)

Yvonne Jung yvonne.jung at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 7 07:31:59 PDT 2011

Hi all,

concerning a generic usefulness of the H-Anim proposal I'm rather
reluctant. To my mind, the discussed H-Anim extensions are very specific
concerning applicability, character structure, and MoCap data in
general: Motion capture data data comes in various types and formats,
and typically, preprocessing is important since otherwise the acquired
data is often unusable -- especially concerning retargeting, which is
another open issue here.
This definitely needs more discussion. Perhaps we should try to
resurrect the H-Anim WG for that (including the behavior discussing we
stopped by the time Keith left).

Best
Yvonne

--
Dr.-Ing. Yvonne Jung
Fraunhofer IGD    | Tel: +49-6151-155-290
64283 Darmstadt   | yvonne.jung at igd.fraunhofer.de
Germany           | http://www.igd.fraunhofer.de/vcst