[Korea-chapter] [h-anim] composable behaviors, animations, sequencers

Myeong Won Lee myeongwonlee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:40:37 PDT 2013

Dear Don,

I will bring our 10 example H-Anim characters designed by 3ds Max to the
Siggraph H-Anim meeting.
We are testing them again if their formats are valid although they
are similar as I presented several times, because we realized some problems
in wrl files.
All the characters can be animated using BVH motion capture files in our
motion viewer.
All the animaiton sequences can be stored as an animation file
(temporarily, "hanim" file extension is used).

Sincerely,

Myeong

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> Joe, thanks for your note, makes sense.
>
> Based on last night's work, am also thinking that there are a few broad
> categories of animation:
> - composable behaviors that animate the body itself (Walk, WaveLeftHand,
> etc.) i.e. your demonstrated set of blendable behaviors
> - animations that move the body from place to place
> (WalkDownTwelfthStreet, WalkInCircle, TangoMotionCapture)
> - sequencers (WalkDownTwelfthStreet, TurnAround, Wait 10s, SitDown at bus
> stop, Wait for bus, StandUp)
>
> Any other categories or use cases?
>
> Myeong Won Lee, the most helpful things we might get from you (and others)
> would be example X3D scenes from your work that we might test and try out.

> brutzman at nps.edu
> X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics http://faculty.nps.edu/**
> brutzman <http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman>

Myeong Won Lee