[Source] Stereo support in Xj3D Browser

Felipe Bacim fbacim at vt.edu
Mon Nov 8 13:09:49 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

I was looking for an example on how to use stereo with SAI in Xj3D, but I
just couldn't find one, so I started looking at the Xj3D Browser code.
I know Xj3D is supposed to have stereo support, but I was unable to get it
working even with xj3d browser by running 'java -jar Xj3D\ Browser.jar
-stereo quad'.

I am using an SVN snapshot I got back in August this year and I am using a
graphics card with quad-buffer support. Every other stereo-enabled
application that I try works just fine, including InstantPlayer.

Apparently, all that is done in xj3d browser is to use the stereo
capabilities implemented by aviatrix, but I couldn't make it work regardless
of the aviatrix version I use. I've also noticed they list 'Active stereo
rendering support' for their next version, which should be
'quad-buffer-based', so I just don't know what to think about this.

I also thought it could be something with the version of xj3d browser I
have, but apparently the ftp that hosts the development snapshots of xj3d is
password protected now so I could not access the files.

Am I missing something? Does someone have an example on how to enable stereo
using SAI with Xj3D? Is stereo really supported?

Best regards,
Felipe