[Source] troubleshooting Netbeans configuration and Xj3D build_nps.xml under 64-bit Windows 7

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Sun Dec 11 13:31:00 PST 2011

On 12/11/2011 1:21 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> Everything in NPS build currently compiles correctly on 64-bit Windows 7
you'll need to talk with Terry for NPS branch items.  I have no idea
what state its in or how it compares to my setup.
> [...]
> 	C:\Xj3D.trunk\natives\Windows 7\amd64
>
>> C:\Xj3D.trunk\natives\Windows 7\amd64>ls -l
>> total 496
>> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   1376 Dec 10 06:29 adh
>> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   7680 Dec 10 06:29 gluegen-rt.dll
>> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 351232 Dec 10 06:29 jogl.dll
>> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   9216 Dec 10 06:29 jogl_awt.dll
>> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 131072 Dec 10 06:29 jogl_cg.dll
> i copied them to (differently named) subdirectory
> 	C:\Xj3D.nps\natives\x86_64\win
>
> Then launched Xj3D via task run.ogl.browser and opened
> file:/C:/Xj3D.nps/examples/sai/moving_box.x3dv
>
> However that did not fix the problem.  Still getting no render display
> (only grey pixels) with the same aviatrix3d exception trace as reported
> before:
>
>> run.ogl.browser:
>> Dec 11, 2011 1:14:42 PM org.odejava.Odejava<clinit>
>> INFO: OdeJava natives version 0.3.4 loaded.
>> org.web3d.vrml.renderer.common.nodes.shape.useTextureCache set to: true
>> org.web3d.vrml.renderer.common.nodes.shape.useTextureCache set to: true
>> Exception in thread "AV3D Runtime" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.newPlatformInfo(JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.java:86)
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.platformInfo(JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.java:52)
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLDrawable.lockSurface(WindowsOnscreenGLDrawable.java:189)
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLContext.makeCurrentImpl(WindowsOnscreenGLContext.java:57)
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:134)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.output.graphics.BaseSurface.initCanvas(BaseSurface.java:912)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.output.graphics.BaseSurface.draw(BaseSurface.java:640)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.output.graphics.BaseAWTSurface.draw(BaseAWTSurface.java:173)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.output.graphics.DebugAWTSurface.draw(DebugAWTSurface.java:327)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.pipeline.graphics.DefaultGraphicsPipeline.render(DefaultGraphicsPipeline.java:271)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.management.SingleDisplayCollection.process(SingleDisplayCollection.java:217)
>> 	at org.j3d.aviatrix3d.management.SingleThreadRenderManager.run(SingleThreadRenderManager.java:818)
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> 	at com.sun.opengl.impl.JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.newPlatformInfo(JAWT_DrawingSurfaceInfo.java:83)
>> 	... 12 more
> not sure what to try next.  recompiling aviatrix on windows 7 64 bit??
java code is not 32/64 bit dependent so recompiling aviatrix3d would not
matter.  Somewhere you have a mismatch between the dlls being loaded.

I notice you have odejava natives being loaded.  I have some memory of
their being some strange interactions between gluegen and either the
audio or physics systems.  I seem to remember one of them having old
copies of gluegen which forced it into some wierd state.  You might try
removing the odejava or audio jars / dlls to see if that resolves it.
Or maybe just the gluegen jar/dll for those projects.

--
Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com