[Source] meta node, key attribute

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Aug 21 16:40:54 PDT 2012

cc: Johannes, Yvonne

On 8/21/2012 6:46 PM, Alan Hudson wrote:
> Doing some interop binary tests with the instant reality folks. They noticed that we drop meta nodes with a key attribute instead of a content attribute.  Is anyone using this field in this way?  HTML spec says its name and content with no attribute named key.
>
> I can either just change the name of this field or I can duplicate it into content.  I think the best route is to just change it.  This is in X3DRetainedSAXExporter.printMetaData

X3D Schema says:

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSchemaDocumentation3.3/x3d-3.3_meta.html#Link131

Name  		Type  	Use  	Default  	Fixed  	annotation

name		SFString	required
content		SFString	required
http-equiv	SFString
lang		SFString
dir		metaDirectionValues

metaDirectionValues	  Kind 		Value 	annotation appinfo
			enumeration 	rtl 	right-to-left
			enumeration 	ltr 	left-to-right

X3D DTD says:

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dDoctypeDocumentation3.3.html#meta

meta

Declared Attributes

    #IMPLIED CDATA http-equiv
    #REQUIRED CDATA name
    #REQUIRED CDATA content
    #IMPLIED CDATA scheme
    #IMPLIED NMTOKEN lang
    #IMPLIED NMTOKEN xml:lang
    #IMPLIED ENUMERATION ( ltr | rtl ) dir

Element Content Model

EMPTY

Referenced by

head

HTML 4.01 says:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4.2

The META element

<!ELEMENT META - O EMPTY               -- generic metainformation -->
<!ATTLIST META
  %i18n;                               -- lang, dir, for use with content --
  http-equiv  NAME           #IMPLIED  -- HTTP response header name  --
  name        NAME           #IMPLIED  -- metainformation name --
  content     CDATA          #REQUIRED -- associated information --
  scheme      CDATA          #IMPLIED  -- select form of content --

The attribute 'key' is not a reserved attribute and should not be used.

Problem noted:  missing "scheme" attribute in X3D Schema definition,
will add for consistent matching throughout.