[Source] Xj3D site refresh, preparations for upcoming conferences

Alan Hudson alan at shapeways.com
Tue Jul 10 14:34:17 PDT 2012

On 7/10/2012 2:26 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> The Xj3D source pages and documentation are looking a bit out of date.
>
> I'm hoping that a refresh (or at least double check) might be possible
> over the next 10-15 days.  Late this month, am hoping to update the
> X3D Showcase DVDs for distribution at the Web3D 2012 and SIGGRAPH
> conferences.
>
> Wondering:
> - is the current website under version control with Xj3D source?
~ish, its checked in but not sure the latest version has been pushed to
www.xj3d.org in awhile.
> - if not, could it be?
> - Who can work on updating the pages?  http://www.xj3d.org
I tried to restart awhile back but ran out of time.  I personally do not
have any time to work on this in the next 10-15 days.  I would have time
in mid Sept.  I'll see if I can scare up credentials to let someone else
edit pages.
> Recommendations:
> - Why don't we have an Xj3D source review session (using Web3D
> 	teleconference line) following the CAD working group meeting,
> 	mid-day Friday 3 August, Checkers Hilton in LA
I cannot make this.
> - Why don't we plan on having an Xj3D Birds of a Feather meeting
> 	during SIGGRAPH to report progress and discuss plans?
I will be at Siggraph but I will be manning our booth most of the time.
I'll try to make a session but can't run it.
> Thanks in advance for all feedback and contributions.

Alan Hudson, Director 3D Tools
www.shapeways.com