[Source] Xj3D site refresh, preparations for upcoming conferences

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jul 11 14:38:02 PDT 2012

On 7/10/2012 2:34 PM, Alan Hudson wrote:
> On 7/10/2012 2:26 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
>> The Xj3D source pages and documentation are looking a bit out of date.
>>
>> I'm hoping that a refresh (or at least double check) might be possible
>> over the next 10-15 days.  Late this month, am hoping to update the
>> X3D Showcase DVDs for distribution at the Web3D 2012 and SIGGRAPH
>> conferences.
>>
>> Wondering:
>> - is the current website under version control with Xj3D source?
> ~ish, its checked in but not sure the latest version has been pushed to www.xj3d.org in awhile.
>> - if not, could it be?
>> - Who can work on updating the pages?  http://www.xj3d.org
> I tried to restart awhile back but ran out of time.  I personally do not have any time to work on this in the next 10-15 days.  I would have time in mid Sept.  I'll see if I can scare up credentials to let someone else edit pages.

great, thanks on both counts, both are worthy.  maybe we could do
minor cosmetic work on the docs.

hmmm, if the website is synchronized with the site, then we don't
need anyone new with credentials, you could just push whenever
satisfied with changes.

>> Recommendations:
>> - Why don't we have an Xj3D source review session (using Web3D
>>     teleconference line) following the CAD working group meeting,
>>     mid-day Friday 3 August, Checkers Hilton in LA
> I cannot make this.

OK, thanks.  It will likely be Terry Hyo William and I with a
possible call-in by Vince.  Others are welcome.  This will also
help us prepare for Web3D 2012 Conference over the weekend.

	http://web3d2012.org

>> - Why don't we plan on having an Xj3D Birds of a Feather meeting
>>     during SIGGRAPH to report progress and discuss plans?
> I will be at Siggraph but I will be manning our booth most of the time. I'll try to make a session but can't run it.

I'd be happy to organize it, with suggested initial agenda as follows:

- Recent progress and demos
- Expected announcement:  merger of NPS branch complete, still available for
	staged testing, how (or whether) to reconcile build file differences
- Opportunities for contributions: code, documentation, guides
- Website refresh and additions
- Javadoc updates
- Upcoming work plans
- Anything else?

Alan, if you could find a time that works for you, we will work to schedule it.
To deconflict, here are the already-planned Web3D events and BOF commitments:
- http://www.web3d.org/realtime-3d/events/web3d-siggraph-2012
- http://s2012.siggraph.org/attendees/birds-feather

Tuesday and Wednesdays are just about completely booked.
Best appears to be Monday or Thursday.   Please advise, thanks.