[Source] JDK 6 support and public release ends NOV 2012

Norbraten, Terry (CIV) tdnorbra at nps.edu
Fri Sep 21 07:55:49 PDT 2012

Good point Justin.  In fact, until Apple turns over, or opens up its
JavaRuntimeSupport Framework over to the OpenJDK folks, Mac OS X won't be
able to run any Java-based graphics app that depends on interfacing with
OpenGL.

Although I can run JDK7 on my Mac, I can't run Xj3D (more specifically,
Aviatrix3D) until Apple gets its act together