[Source] x3dom | SourceForge.net and github.com projects both exist, please advise

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jun 16 18:24:51 PDT 2014

Allo Johannes and Yvonne and x3dom community.

We are considering migration of Xj3D project over to GitHub (which is relatively new to us old-timey folks here at NPS).  Our alternative (which is well understood) is SourceForge.

Details of planned Xj3D Evolution (under discussion on 'source' list, cc:ed) can be found at
	http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Xj3D_Evolution

Please advise, what is the purpose of the x3dom project on SourceForge, contrasted with github?  Also are there any advantages/disadvantages or special preparations that might be advisable regarding project hosting on GitHub?

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3dom

	https://github.com/x3dom/x3dom

Thanks in advance for all advice.