[web3d-announce] Web3D 2021 Poster Submission deadline September 3, 2021

Web3D Consortium announce at web3d.org
Wed Aug 25 07:50:23 PDT 2021

*Deadline for ***Web3D 2021 <web3d.siggraph.org> *Poster submission is
Sept 3, 2021.*

Posters are an ideal method to present your applicative works demo,
ongoing research, web apps, practical applications. Since the conference
is going to be virtual, we encourage submitters to submit their posters
as web pages: possibly, an INTERACTIVE webpage. We are WEB3D, after all!
A webpage is much more readable in a virtual conference than a
pre-formatted PDF full of graphics.

On the page, you should describe your app/technical solution/rendering
method/algorithm, as you would normally do in a physical poster, and
then add videos, images, embedded 3D models, 3D visualization schemes
and so on, to let the attendees experience and understand what you are
presenting.

Poster webpages should be hosted by their authors, just send us a link
to the webpage you have prepared. Authors of accepted posters will be
able to present their work in one of the conference sessions.

The interactive poster webpage will be available for the conference
attendees throughout the whole conference, just like  the physical
posters are normally available at all times. *Remember,  all accepted
papers and posters will be included in the ACM Digital Library as an
extended abstract!*

*Submission details
<https://web3d.siggraph.org/call-for-papers/>Questions:
**program2021 at web3d.org <mailto:program2021 at web3d.org>*

FAQ:

- I have my web3d app on its own website www.awesome3dapp.com...Should I
embed it all in the poster webpage?
Describe your app and technical solutions in the poster page, insert
video and other media, and put a link to the website where the app resides.

- I cannot give access to my awesome 3D web app due to privacy/sensible
data/copyright issues. What should I do?
Describe your app in the poster page, insert as many videos, images and
3d embedded media as possible

- It's still a work-in-progress, but I want to show it Describe what you
already have in the poster page, insert as many videos, images and 3D
embedded media as possible

- I have a standard poster, a classic PDF is just perfect to describe
my work. Am I out? Interactive posters are warmly recommended. Anyway,
if you prefer, you can also submit a classic poster.

https://web3d.siggraph.org/call-for-papers/instructions/
<https://web3d.siggraph.org/call-for-papers/instructions/>

Best regards,

Web3D 2021 committee