[X3D-Public] Can I create a colored shape without any light effects?

Bederov, Sergey bederov at cortona3d.com
Tue Jul 28 00:57:26 PDT 2009

Hello Tomas,

You can get this effect using the emissiveColor field. This is the field
of the Material node and works in both VRML and X3D. The color specified
in emissiveColor is added to the lighting calculated according to
diffuseColor. The default value of diffuseColor is light grey (0.8 0.8
0.8), therefore, you will have to disable lighting by setting
diffuseColor to black (0 0 0). Transparency is specified in the
transparency field and works with all combinations of diffuseColor and
emissiveColor.

                                            Sergey Bederov