[X3D-Public] X3D Myths
tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 2 04:17:05 PDT 2009
I believe a lot of the people who could use X3D have a lot of myths about X3D dating back to VRML
* VR (Virtual reality) is dead
* the long download time on dial-up modem
* over graphically detail worlds
* the static worlds / limited interaction
* VRML is hard to code, so leave it to the experts
* limited VRML modeling software
so are these myth true today with people?
Is this the reason why people are not chose X3D and using proprietary software?
The new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7: Faster, Safer, Easier.
More information about the X3D-Public