[X3D-Public] view3dscene

chris dragonmagi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:39:55 PDT 2009

Although the installation program says "No special installation is required,
just unpack these archives and run the program" the problem is likely due to
one of the dependencies:

"

Library requirements of using my engine on Mac OS X:

   -

   For OpenGL programs, *X11* (may be found on Mac OS X install CD).

   And you should run my programs from within X11 xterm, to use your
   display. Or you will have to specify your X display by command-line option
   explicitly, like --display=:0

   This requirement will be removed if at some time I'll implement GLWindow
   unit using some native Mac OS X libraries. Contributions are most welcome if
   you're experienced with programming under Mac OS X !
   -

   *libpng* (may be installed by fink <http://www.finkproject.org/>), if you
   want to be able to open any images/textures etc. stored in PNG images.
   -

   When GLWindow uses GTK backend (view3dscene compiled by default script
   does use GTK, "The Castle" compiled by default script doesn't use GTK): *GTK
   and GtkGLExt* are required. May be installed by
fink<http://www.finkproject.org/> (look
   for packages gtk+2, gtkglext1).

   *Note:* Binary gtk+2 packages in fink may be too old. If you get errors
   on the console like

     dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
     Referenced from: /xxx/view3dscene
     Reason: Incompatible library version: view3dscene requires
version 601.0.0 or later, but libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib provides version
401.0.0

   then try installing gtk from source packages, they have newer version (or
   bug fink to update binary packages more often :) ). It is *not* necessary
   to use any fink packages from unstable branch !
   -

   *OpenAL* for game sound (may be downloaded from Creative, see download
   links from openal.org
downloads<http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx>,
   newer Mac OS X has this pre-installed ?) along with *vorbisfile* (may be
   installed by fink <http://www.finkproject.org/>).

For libs installed by fink, you may have to add them to your libs path by
command like

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

before executing programs. (you can add this to your .bashrc or similar file
for comfort).
"