[X3D-Public] Shader programming and URLs in X3D

John A. Stewart alex.stewart at crc.ca
Thu May 14 08:47:37 PDT 2009

Peter;

Thanks for your valued input on this:

On 14-May-09, at 11:21 AM, Peter Eschler wrote:

> I would suggest to stick to existing standards like the data url
> protocol:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2397.txt
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme
>
> That is:
> <ShaderPart type='VERTEX'><![CDATA[data:text/plain,
>
>  void main(void)
>  {
>   gl_Position = ftransform();
>  }
> ]]>
> </ShaderPart>

John A. Stewart
Team Leader: Networked Virtual Reality
alex.stewart at crc.ca

Network Systems and Technologies -
         Systemes et technologies des reseaux
Communications Research Centre Canada  |
          Centre de recherches sur les communications Canada

3701 Carling Ave.  |  3701, avenue Carling
PO Box 11490, Station H  |  CP 11490, succursale H
          Ottawa ON K2H 8S2   |  Ottawa (Ontario) K2H 8S2

http://www.crc.ca