[X3D-Public] PhD Project: ImMApp : sound art archive: Video Documentation : request for feedback

j milo taylor milo at suborg.net
Sat May 16 04:56:17 PDT 2009

Dear All,

Please take a look at this project, I would be very interested in any
feedback you have.

http://www.vimeo.com/4222483

It will be of interest to any into experimental music, sound art,
installation art, databases and the potential of X3D for information
visualisation and sonification.

The short film documents one element of my practice-based research. The
ImMApp environment is intended as a installation / performance tool, a
teaching aid, and what i understand to be an innovative exploration of
contemporary approaches to history (Foucault, Deleuze and Guattari). It
also been informed by such media theorists as McLuhan, Manovich, Kittler
and Haraway.

Each aspect of the ImMApp is generated dynamically through XSLT of XML
derived from a MySQL database.

I am in the evaluation stage of the project and any thoughts anyone has
(positive or negative) would be really useful.

I hope you enjoy it, and apologies if some of the terminology is a bit
obscure (that's Foucault for you :-) )

Best Regards,

J Milo Taylor
milo at suborg.net

p.s. The earlier part of the project is available at
http://www.vimeo.com/4232320 and this explains what is meant by
ontology, genealogy and so on.