[X3D-Public] X3D on iPhone

Jaime Magiera jaime at sensoryresearch.net
Thu Nov 5 15:39:15 PST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 3:44 AM, Michael Aratow wrote:

> John:
>
> You might want to consider an Android based X3D browser, as Verizon
> is about to release the "Droid" which I think will have significant
> market penetration, and I believe the Android App Market is more
> lenient than Apple in application restrictions.

Hi,

The Android SDK is relatively easy to work with (and Eclipse is a
useful dev environment). On the other hand, XCode iPhone OS
development is quite easy and intuitive and has greater market
penetration. Though folks always hear horror stories of Apple's market
restrictions, the truth is, they accept ~96% of all apps -- and when
they don't accept, they provide some reasoning.

Overall, there's no reason folks couldn't develop for both over time.

Jaime Magiera

Sensory Research, Inc.
http://www.sensoryresearch.net