[X3D-Public] updating X3D Player Support, Tool Support and Resources pages

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:16:00 PST 2009

2009/10/13 Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu>:

> Mailing list participants:  your comments, corrections and improvements
> are also welcome.
>
> =======================================
>
> Player support for X3D components (wiki)
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components
> accessed 20,689 times

Sorry for such late reply --- I just noticed that Kambi VRML
engine/view3dscene isn't mentioned there :) If you would like to add
my engine/view3dscene, a table listing supported components is on

http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/vrml_implementation_status.php#section_x3d_components

(above is for view3dscene latest version 3.4.0. For SVN version, the
updated table is on
http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/vrmlengine-snapshots/docs/vrml_implementation_status.html
).

As for file encodings, we support both classic and XML. Binary
encoding is not supported. Besides X3D (3.2), we also have full VRML
97 and VRML 1.0 (even old Inventor) support.

Thanks,
Michalis