[X3D-Public] 3D Databases?

Dave A dave at realmofconcepts.com
Fri Apr 30 17:34:28 PDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with true 3D databases. Meaning
actually stores vertices and materials, all that, so it can serve up a
model.

I know there are some out there, most 'spatial' ones I've seen are really
more geographic than geometric. Would be cool to query
'get by view frustum' or 'get by material' or 'get bounding box' 'get
convex hull' etc. etc.

Is Oracle really the only one that does this? Right Hemisphere has
something but
it too is too expensive for me.

Ideally I'd want something free/cheap/extensible.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave A.